Gift Cards....

I'm a huge fan of gift cards...both giving and receiving..lol. It is the "one size fits all, get what you really want" mentality. To some peeps it seems impersonal BUT I do make sure that the gift card "vessel" is personalized to them or at least to the gift card.

Typically I've altered tins by adhering the paper directly onto the tin itself. Well, I happened to see Dawn McVey's fabulous tin {okay, what doesn't she make that isn't fabulous?!}. This is when I can honestly say that I need all 500+ subscriptions in my Google reader because I truly soak up inspiration...I don't just have paper crafting blogs, I also have letterpress, home decor/design, wedding {no, I'm not getting married but they are filled with fabulous color combos and invitations}, photography {okay, I even have one that is "Stuff Asian People Like"...although at times it can be crude, it is absolutely hilarious}. I really like the idea of the belly band, it can easily slide off and on, great for re-gifting :)

This tin uses Basic Grey Cupcake, Stampin' Up Baja Breeze & Riding Hood Red. I actually cut out the 3 icecream cones as an after-thought {thanks to llaurenb over at all the GOOD blog names were taken, she would be the queen of fussy cutting!}. I added some crystal effects on the icecream scoops. That makes up for the lack of glitter! The ribbon trim is something that I've had forever, bought it off of the sale rack at J's...for only $1...should have stocked up :). I made the tin so that it could double up as a tree ornament...I'll pop it on my Mom's tree when we go over for Christmas. This is for my Brother and his gf....hmmm....I wonder what could be inside? Let's just say that they are big fans of this place.

This tin uses...oh I don't know...maybe Basic Grey Figgy Pudding? This tin is for my most wonderful Mom :) I've loved the pieced trees that I've been seeing and this Stampin' Up Tin {from the special they had in November} is the perfect size to really highlight some of the fabulous patterns in Figgy Pudding. I glitterized around the trees and the red panel. I blinged the trees up too...couldn't help it...I kept adding more and more :)

I know that my Mom and Brother are NOT regular readers of my blog...my luck they will tap into it this week :) So that being said, I decline to say what is stashed in my Mom's tin....you'll have to guess..lol.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Amy, these gift tins are fabulous! I love how you customized them to make them match the gift cards!
Sandra MacLean said…
Love the gift card ornament Amy!! That pom pom trim is the perfect touch! Isn't it amazing what you find on the internet!? Totally cracks me up!
Ann said…
Amy, these are fabulous! Cold Stone--yummmmm-y! Love the pom pom trim, too!

Your mom's gc tin is gorgeous with all the glitter and rhinestones! You can never have too much sparkle! :D
lauren bergold said…
OMG!!! not to be conceited, but the minute i saw those magnificnet ice cream cones i felt a tiny bit of pride...b/c i seriously thought to myself, "i've brought amy over to the fussy-cutting dark side!!! bwah-hah-hah-HAAAAAAHHHHHH!" these are seriously seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeriously SERIOUSLY awesome prezzies!!! (oof and so is a certain holiday card that i'm pretty sure i forgot to say THANK YOU for!!!)

i'm off to check out the blog called "stuff asian people like"! b/c i have SO MUCH free time!!!!!!! (cue additional evil laughter...tinged with holiday-based manic desperation...)
Cindy Haffner said…
Love your fuzzy cuttting, so cute. TFS.
Jenn said…
I love gift cards too...so fun to give and receive. These tins are FABULOUS!!! I love the ice cream one...too cute! :D
Allison Rankin said…
Very cool Amy...I like to be as innovative (as I can) when it comes to those boring gift cards too!
Anonymous said…
Oh Amy! You're so funny and oh so talented! Great gift tins! I'm checking out that Asian site! Hee!
Anonymous said…
Those ice cream cones are so yummy looking. These are fabulous gift card holders!
Janine said…
Amy these are wonderful... Who wouldn't want to receive this gift??
Have a great day!
Unknown said…
Adorable tins Amy! What a fun and pretty gift to receive! :)
Savitri said…
Too too cute, girly!!! LOVE them tins and you did awesome with them!
Tandra said…
Hi Amy!
Merry Christmas!
Thes gift card tins are FAB! Love our designs!
I just loked thru all your posts to Nov 18th! Lots of inspiration!
I LOVE the Cavallini tree! I have those cards and the French Christmas ones and the flowers etc!
Oooh the CUTE penguin B-day card---SWEET! I love that paper!
Have a wonderful Holiday!
Carla said…
These are wonderful, Amy! I love the ball fringe on the first one and of course you really outdid yourself with the bling on your mom's tin! So, did you get all your BGFP used up? I didn't even come close to polishing off my BGBlitzen stash. I guess we'll wee it again next year! 12x12 paper is such an incredible value for cardmakers-lots of bang for your buck!
Julia Aston said…
I love how you decorated these tins Amy! I'll have to check out Dawn's blog to see what she did.... and I'm with you on the Basic Grey - are there any we don't like??!!! LOL!!!
Rose Ann said…
I totally LOVE both of your tins, Amy!! The ice cream cones and pom pom ribbon are a great combo...and your patterned trees with bling...so pretty!!