Skipping Stones Design Feature Friday!

Happy Friday Peeps!

I'm here today doing the Skipping Stones Design Feature Friday.  The Design Team takes turns featuring a Skipping Stones Design set of her choice.  I decided to highlight:



I don't consider myself a vintage-y chick but there is something about this set that I just love...that bloom is magnificent...full of wonderful detail....the sentiments are perfect and I think this set, like all the Skipping Stones Design sets, is super versatile!

Here's a little project that I put together:
If you know me...you know how much I LOVE color...I love to combine them...I'm totally smitten with the Stampin' Up Timeless Portrait DSP...oy vey.  That Island Indigo/Cherry Cobbler combo is WOW.  Yup, even bought the Designer Fabric from that collection.

Doesn't the Skipping Stones Design Victorian Summer work nicely with it?

you mean the world to me

I love that...for now, I'm keeping this project clean and crisp...it's going to darin but I'll probably hijack it in a couple weeks and embellie it up:)

Psstttt....

wanna see my mobile crafting?

me crafting at darin's...LOL...amy explosion!  Let's see:

MacBook Pro
iPod
coffee mug
SoBe Zero
aha...glue stick..darin had one! {read THIS post}see all those bags...yup...amy's birthday shopping goodies..wooo hoooo...
{no worries for you neat freaks...it's all cleaned up...}

Just a reminder...



Today is the last day to sign up for my 7 days of Birthday Blog Candy--->>>>>
See my side bar:)

You have until 11:59 pm PST tonight to link up...I'll be using random.org tomorrow morning and posting the winners!!

Thanks soooo much for stoppin' by...next week will start a bloggie hiatus for me...well, kind of...I'll be posting Design Team projects, otherwise I'm going to try to go unplugged for a smidge...no worries, it's just time to take a bloggie break...I'll be back by August 21st, if not sooner...you know me...I can't seem to stay away from this place that I consider my second home...

Comments

LOVE your embroidery frame project - so beautiful and LOVED seeing your explosion (!) My dear hubby is very understanding but sometimes he mutters when our whole mini office (his side too (-;) in our 3-room apaprtment looks exactly like that (-:
Thanks for showing! Have a great week-end!
ps. fabulous new stamps fromSSD - love them too
yyam said…
Awesome! Love it as it is! :)

Organized mess???
Dora said…
This is amazing and I love that set, beautiful!
And do you call that a mess...look at my place you don't even see me anymore ;)
Have a wonderful weekend!
itsallrosi said…
what a wonderful hoop!

glad you were able to get your crafting mobile, it can be a lot of work deciding what to pack.
Jessie said…
Awesome project!
You know the "Lana" in me was cringing... lol!! KIDDING!! I loveeeeeeeee that project... loving how you used the hoop!! And I gonna miss you next week! :):):):):):):):):):):)
Audrey Pettit said…
Oooh, awesome project, Amy! Love, love the fabric and how you used the embroidery frame. That color combo is awesome, and I truly love how you used those pretty stamps. :)
Enjoy your little bloggy break. I think it's great to go unplugged at times. Good to revive.
farmhouse-story said…
love that fabric--sweet project, amy! enjoy your break:)
Anonymous said…
Oh my...Your craft table looks a lot like mine only yours is bigger...On mine I have two large computer monitors, four small three drawer containers, one long one drawer container, and my Silouette machine on it...Makes me feel much better seeing someone else's work space. :)

Karen C
Lindsay said…
Oh I love this home decor project Amy! Love love that detailed bloom!
Wow! How super creative!

Deanne :)
Isha Gupta said…
Gorgeous. love this beautiful mess of yours:)) I love this stamp set too. Def. in my wish list.
Sherry Eckblad said…
Love the card, the color combo and especially love how you have your own little craft nook at Darin's too.
Anonymous said…
BEAUTIFUL!
wendyp said…
love that red and teal together! Beautiful project!!!

Happy Birthday!!!
cnelson said…
wowzers is this ever GORGEOUS! LOVE it!!!
Rose said…
This is precious, Amy! I'm impressed with your mobile crafting, too! ;). Have a great weekend!
Wendy said…
Super Darling!!! Great project Amy!!! I love the expression "Amy Explosion"!!!
Sylvia said…
What a cool project, Amy! I love what you chose and your colors look fabulous! Your "table" at Darins looks like mine does most of the time. I clean it up then mess it up again, and I really am a neat freak. But in the last few years, I just make sure I get the crafting done!!!! Have a lovely week off, relax and play a little!
Tyggereye said…
ACK! I love this!!!! What a great project. I totally want that fabric and that SU silhouette stamp. Great job.
Rose said…
oh i love that fabric and your so right that stamp set is to die for :)

**good thing you said it was all cleaned up as i about had a stroke! lol poor D he must feel the need to get you your own space to craft in when you are over so you don't "take over" his table LOL

you enjoy your break and i will "try" to be "good" while you are gone *winks*
Karen B. said…
Beautiful project! I don't think of myself liking vintage but I love this set for some reason! Kudos for mobile stamping and becoming unplugged.
What a way to use that set!
Lol - what fun, on the road crafting. I tried to bring my cricut once, only problem was that I forgot the power cord - hmphhh.
Oh my, unplugged??? Well you know I sorta do it, so I think you can do it too :>) Enjoy, relax, and sip some coffee! Oooo, I know, you can start embroidery ;>)
~jan said…
Blog breaks are good for the soul-enjoy yours! I adore your hoopy project so much-the design, the colors-all of it yummy!
Katie said…
This is a beautiful set! Love what you did! I tried to take advantage of the free shipping but it doesn't seem to be working. hmmm... Thank you for sharing your project!

Katie B.
Janetcraft said…
Oh Dear Amy...love the new style of yours...but the mess...??Nah..that's normal for every crafters...lol...btw thanks for stopping by and get my updates...YES I AM BACK now...have a lovely weekend..and HAPPY BIRTHDAY..to you...(singing)!!
Mona Pendleton said…
What a fun altered project Amy! Love the little cameos! Eeeeks! Looks like you have a creative cluster going on!
MicheleV said…
Great project! Table - not so bad!...I see the make up brush ~ gotta look good while crafting up a mess!
Anonymous said…
Gorgeous!!!
Angi Barrs said…
Gorgeous, Gorgeous, Gorgeous. :)
Alice said…
super project! love love how you used those stamps together! ahhh.... i am wondering how many things you have to pack in order to mobil craft. =) thanks for sharing!
Lynnda said…
This is just gorgeous... Perfectly done Sista...!!!..."Neat" Mess eh... :wink:.. hugs...xoxo
Regan said…
awesome Amy...I make a tornado everytime i do anything...lol

i'm like edward scissorhands
Janice said…
Were you at my house? This looks like something I would do while crafting. The end result however is amazing!
Tina said…
Good golly gosh, this is beautiful!
Anonymous said…
Just beautiful!! Soooo glad you had such a great birfday!!