stampin' up sunday: holly jolly





The other day I posted that it was a

Stampin' Up kind of morning...


I'm in a mass production mode for holiday cards.  I don't generally like to do that but like always, I'm feeling the stress of the countdown and I want to get a majority of mine mailed out Thanksgiving Day weekend.  

This is actually a fairly postal friendly, mass producible design:


The card base is Stampin' Up



Did you know that Stampin' Up sells their version of mini paper pads?  The striped panel is from the Moonlight Designer Series.

I'm trying to be smart about not producing scraps so I managed to cut 4 strips with one sheet but one strip is a smidge wider than the others so I put a thin strip of Chickaniddy Crafts Goldie Lox.


The sentiment is from a retired set called, Bright Christmas.  Stampin' Up has come out with the digital version of it.   I totally LOVE the holly jolly sentiment!  If you went with the digi version, perhaps using an embossing pen would work for you!









I was inspired by



I decided to flip the sketch to accommodate the direction of the feathers.

Don't forget about the current challenge over on


Stories of stamps, paper and...


Hope you're having a great weekend!



Comments

Sherry Eckblad said…
Gorgeous! I feel your pain too. Looks like I will be sending out boxed christmas cards again this year.
Celeste Goff said…
Beautiful cards Amy! I'm curious how you gold embossed over digital stamps.
Miriam Prantner said…
Love that color and love the vellum feathers!
Maureen said…
Beautiful! Love the color and those vellum feathers are so pretty!
donna mikasa said…
Yay for flippin' the sketch! Love the rich colors and that strip of gold pulls it all together!
Happy Dance said…
Brilliant and gorgeous! Love the non-traditional color of the Blackberry Bliss. Rich and regal. Great sentiment and feathers too. Really wonderful. Bev
Your post is putting the pressure on me to get going with a card idea!!! I am all for mass production and your card design is simple yet elegant, which equals perfect!
Michelle said…
These are really pretty, Amy. The color is wonderful.
So gorgeous! I love love love the colors and the feathers!!!!!
wendipooh13 said…
so pretty LOVE the feathers!!!
Michelle said…
Gorgeous! I need to get into mass production mode for my Christmas cards, too! I'm way behind this year already!
Audrey Pettit said…
Beautiful! And so elegant, too! I love that blackberry color for the holidays. And it looks amazing with the gold and vellum. Yes... LOVE these!
Kristie Goulet said…
Perfect, Amy! Love these colors for Christmas. Great design.
lauren bergold said…
holy wow, you even make mass production look glamorous! love those cool feathers with the gold and the dark berry color... tres elegante por le noel!!! <3
Shelly said…
Simply, beautiful!!!
Yuki said…
Such a pretty and elegant card set! I love the subtle variations and the color choices :)
Darnell said…
I am loving the blackberry as a color for Christmas cards! Yummo, Amy! And good job using your beautiful paper wisely!! Hugs, Darnell
Anonymous said…
So pretty!! Love the color!!!
Leigh Penner said…
Feathers for Christmas? What a fabulous idea! I love your cards, Amy -- fantastic take on the sketch!
cm said…
I'm entering 'frantic' with creating Christmas cards for my mom to sell at the Christmas Bazaar at the Seniors' home where she volunteers, so I can empathize with your 'mad rush' feeling I'm in awe of your lovely 'mass produced' design. Feathers = gorgeous!
Hugs~c